YOUTH - 2018 Summer Training
NPBRC is proud to offer three team-oriented training options for kids ages 12-18 this summer, each geared toward different experience levels.
- Novice (no experience): Our next camp for new rowers is our August Pre-Season Camp for brand-new rowers. This one-week intensive camp will run August 6th-10th. Click the button below for details.
- Less than 2 yrs: ALL NEW: If you’ve been rowing for less than two years, NPBRC’s Development Squad was built just for you. Ready to up your game? The Development Squad will show you how to build capacity, improve technique, and elevate your fitness under the guidance of our coaches. Click the “Dev Squad” button below for details.
- 2+ yrs experience: ALL NEW: Introducing NPBRC’s High-Performance Group (HPG) exclusively for experienced rowers. If you’ve rowed for more than two years, summer is the perfect time to kick your fitness into high gear. Travel to two elite regattas, hone your technique to a razor’s edge, and build speed and endurance. Click on the “HPG” button for eligibility and details.
ADULTS - LEARN TO ROW CLASSES
Each “Learn To Row” (LTR) class consists of two 3-hour sessions, for a total of 6 hours of training, for $125/person. We offer these conveniently on a Saturday-Sunday, allowing you to learn the fundamentals in a single weekend. Depending on class size, LTR teaches the basic skills of either “sculling” or “sweep” rowing, many aspects of which are interchangeable. Following completion of this class, adults can join our Adult Novice group or one of our competitive teams.
We are always updating this page with new class dates and times. If you don’t want to wait, contact us to schedule your private lessons. See you on the water!
Instructions for all NPBRC classes and camps:
- Please fill our our online waiver here.
- Please register online, where you can pay by credit card.
- Payment must be received before beginning your first class. Cancellation within 24 hours are non-refundable.
- Please be on time or a few minutes early! We will meet inside the fence line at 13425 Ellison Wilson promptly at the start of class.
- Coaches may re-schedule a session in the event of inclement weather
- Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen if desired
- We recommend athletic attire and sandals or water-shoes
- Expect to be in waist-level water each class
What’s the difference between “Sculling” and “Sweep” rowing? Click here to find out.
NPBRC offers our site as a winter training destination for northern rowers frozen in during the winter. It’s never too soon to reserve a spot for your team to get a jump on the season. Log miles on the water when your competition is stuck on ergs. Contact us for visiting team prices or to tailor a plan for your crew.