YOUTH - 2018 Summer Training
SUMMER ROWING IS ONGOING NOW. Contact us to get started, or join one of our camps, below!
From August 6th-10th we offer a one-week intensive Pre-Season Camps for new (i.e. “Novice”) rowers under the direction of our coaches. This camp will provide a foundation of knowledge and skill that will let brand-new members of the team progress quickly right from the start. No prior rowing experience is required. The camp will cover the fundamentals of training, technique, and boat-handling. Our fall season will begin immediately after, on August 18th with orientation and registration. See our Youth Program page to sign up for the season now, or try a camp to decide if you like it.
Dates: August 6th-10th, Monday through Friday, 9am-11am.
Cost: $100. $20 of this will be credited toward fall season program fees for those who join.
Location: 13435 Ellison Wilson Rd, Juno Beach.
Questions: (561) 691-0912
ADULTS - LEARN TO ROW CLASSES
Each “Learn To Row” (LTR) class consists of two 3-hour sessions, for a total of 6 hours of training, for $125/person. We offer these conveniently on a Saturday-Sunday, allowing you to learn the fundamentals in a single weekend. Depending on class size, LTR teaches the basic skills of either “sculling” or “sweep” rowing, many aspects of which are interchangeable. Following completion of this class, adults can join our Adult Novice group or one of our competitive teams.
We are always updating this page with new class dates and times. If you don’t want to wait, contact us to schedule your private lessons. See you on the water!
Instructions for all NPBRC classes and camps:
- Please fill our our online waiver here.
- Please register online, where you can pay by credit card.
- Payment must be received before beginning your first class. Cancellation within 24 hours are non-refundable.
- Please be on time or a few minutes early! We will meet inside the fence line at 13425 Ellison Wilson promptly at the start of class.
- Coaches may re-schedule a session in the event of inclement weather
- Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen if desired
- We recommend athletic attire and sandals or water-shoes
- Expect to be in waist-level water each class
What’s the difference between “Sculling” and “Sweep” rowing? Click here to find out.
NPBRC offers our site as a winter training destination for northern rowers frozen in during the winter. It’s never too soon to reserve a spot for your team to get a jump on the season. Log miles on the water when your competition is stuck on ergs. Contact us for visiting team prices or to tailor a plan for your crew.