YOUTH - Winter Training Camp
Have you been doing other sports all fall? Ready to try something different? Winter is the best time to get a jump on the spring season and try rowing! Our winter camp, offered right after New Year’s, is three days of hands-on instruction by patient, expert coaches. There is NO prior experience necessary. Watch out -by the end of the camp you’ll be hooked!
ADULTS - LEARN TO ROW CLASSES
Each “Learn To Row” (LTR) class consists of two 3-hour sessions, for a total of 6 hours of training, for $125/person. We offer these conveniently on a Saturday-Sunday, allowing you to learn the fundamentals in a single weekend. Depending on class size, LTR teaches the basic skills of either “sculling” or “sweep” rowing, many aspects of which are interchangeable. Following completion of this class, adults can join our Adult Novice group or one of our competitive teams.
We are always updating this page with new class dates and times. If you don’t want to wait, contact us to schedule your private lessons. See you on the water!
Instructions for all NPBRC classes and camps:
- Please fill our our online waiver here.
- Please register online, where you can pay by credit card.
- Payment must be received before beginning your first class. Cancellation within 24 hours are non-refundable.
- Please be on time or a few minutes early! We will meet inside the fence line at 13425 Ellison Wilson promptly at the start of class.
- Coaches may re-schedule a session in the event of inclement weather
- Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen if desired
- We recommend athletic attire and sandals or water-shoes
- Expect to be in waist-level water each class
What’s the difference between “Sculling” and “Sweep” rowing? Click here to find out.
NPBRC offers our site as a winter training destination for northern rowers frozen in during the winter. It’s never too soon to reserve a spot for your team to get a jump on the season. Log miles on the water when your competition is stuck on ergs. Contact us for visiting team prices or to tailor a plan for your crew.