NEW ROWERS: Youth Summer Camp
Have your kids been doing other sports , but aren’t finding one they love? Are they ready to try something different? Our Summer Rowing Camp is the answer.
Our camp for new rowers runs June 3rd-14th, Monday through Friday, from 9am – 12pm. No prior rowing experience is necessary! Our team of coaches will teach you all you need to know, building a solid foundation of skill that puts kids on perfect footing to join our competitive team later in the year.
Click Below to register for Summer Camp. Cost for two weeks is $450. We do allow kids to attend just one of the two weeks for $225. Please indicate that at registration.
RETURNING ROWERS: SUMMER
Select which Summer Season block of time you wish to row. Block A: April 30-June 15. Block B: June 16-August 3. Or select “Full Summer” to row the entire 14 weeks, from now till August 3rd. Parents, please see complete Summer Season details on Team App for information on race dates and expected costs. If you need to tailor a plan at a weekly rate, please contact club admin or coaches.
ADULTS - LEARN TO ROW CLASSES
Each “Learn To Row” (LTR) class consists of two 3-hour sessions, for a total of 6 hours of training, for $150/person. We offer these conveniently on a Saturday-Sunday, allowing you to learn the fundamentals in a single weekend. Depending on class size, LTR teaches the basic skills of either “sculling” or “sweep” rowing, many aspects of which are interchangeable. Following completion of this class, adults can join our Adult Novice group or one of our competitive teams.
We are always updating this page with new class dates and times. If you don’t want to wait, contact us to schedule your private lessons. See you on the water!
Instructions for all NPBRC classes and camps:
- Please fill our our online waiver here.
- Please register online, where you can pay by credit card.
- Payment must be received before beginning your first class. Cancellation within 24 hours are non-refundable.
- Please be on time or a few minutes early! We will meet inside the fence line at 13425 Ellison Wilson promptly at the start of class.
- Coaches may re-schedule a session in the event of inclement weather
- Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen if desired
- We recommend athletic attire and sandals or water-shoes
- Expect to be in waist-level water each class
What’s the difference between “Sculling” and “Sweep” rowing? Click here to find out.
NPBRC offers our site as a winter training destination for northern rowers frozen in during the winter. It’s never too soon to reserve a spot for your team to get a jump on the season. Log miles on the water when your competition is stuck on ergs. Contact us for visiting team prices or to tailor a plan for your crew.